YOUR SOAP | OUR PLANET
When Coronavirus hit and - plastic packaged - hand sanitizer started flying off the shelves, research started popping up about how hand sanitizers are good in a pinch, but they are not as effective as soap.
"While using hand sanitizer is a smart way to slow and prevent the spread of viruses, keep in mind that washing your hands thoroughly with soap is more effective than using hand sanitizer." (The New York Times, March 11, 2020)
The weakest part of Coronavirus - and most other viruses - is it's fatty lipid bilayer. "Soap dissolves the fat membrane and the virus falls apart like a house of cards and dies – or rather, we should say it becomes inactive as viruses aren’t really alive." (Pall Thordarson - a professor of chemistry at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, published in the Guardian UK)
So we wanted to find a way to make soap more accessible outside the home and we came up with our plastic-free soap kits. All you need is a water bottle (or access to a tap) and you're guaranteed a soapy clean on the road, at a gas station or anytime you want to be sure the hands (or face) you love have a dependable clean.
Please make sure you wash and rub for at least 20 seconds.
EACH KIT INCLUDES:
- 3 unscented travel sized soap bars (80% organic) handmade in North America.
- 1 water resistant organic beeswaxed waxed travel bag, handmade by etee
- 1 reusable cellulose 'paper towel'
HOW TO USE THESE ON THE GO
If you have access to a sink, it's simple, just use as normal. If you don't, simply:
- Wet the soap bar with water from a dedicated water bottle,
- Lather and rub for 20 seconds
- Rinse hands one at a time with your water bottle
- Dry hands with cellulose cloth
- Roll up soap bar in cloth and pop back in your travel bag
- At the end of the day you can wash your cloth in a dish washer or washing machine and gently clean and rinse your bag with your soap bar, then let bag air dry.
SOAP INGREDIENTS: Organic olive oil, organic coconut oil, organic shea butter, Organic cocoa butter, mango seed butter, chamomile flower powder, lavender flower powder, Allantoin